« Home | The cheeses I tried yesterday » | Not about Sweden » | Hey, everyone! Publish your crackpot ideas on the ... » | How to get to Sweden » | Good things happen to those who tell dumb jokes » | Terribly Tardy Tactless Tijuana Tripe » | Breadworld » | Variety is... » | Boring, skip to final paragraph » | My hobbies, interests, and accomplishments » 

26 January 2006 

Tanzania Series: Background

The following posts are an account of my experiences during a three-week field course in Tanzania. This course was the second component of ‘Tropical Ecology, Environmental Conservation and Management’ through Sveriges Lantbruksuniversitet in Uppsala, Sweden. Our international consortium of students included seven Swedes, three Spaniards, three Germans and me. We were led by two Swedish professors, Jerry Skoglund and Jan Lagerlöf, as well as several local authorities.

I am writing this for not only myself and my family and friends, but also as an assignment for the course. Some readers thus might find it too detailed and scientific to some at times, whereas my professors might find it too subjective and expressive. I hope that everyone finds at least a bit of it interesting.