« Home | My hobbies, interests, and accomplishments » | Another disappointing entry » | My First Blog: It's lamer than you're expecting. » 

24 July 2005 

Boring, skip to final paragraph

I just got a friend request from a fucking 27 year-old white supremacist from Florida. I regret the fact that I had to view his page before denying him. He is advocating online communities for what he calls 'white nationalists' and has a blog displaying a news article about a homeless black man with mental problems killing a white woman. Disgusting bigot; may he come to see the beauty in diversity and to believe in the equality of all people.

Right before I was subjected to that bit of online hatred I saw 'The Wedding Crashers'. My analysis: pretty damn funny. I was expecting it to be as stupid as, say, 'Zoolander'. Instead it made me laugh my ass of for a good hour and a half. I'd say go see it if you aren't expecting anything except some giggling, several hearty chuckles, a bit of painful awkwardness, a guffaw, and a few boobies. Great one-liners, great deliveries from the leads, and the woman opposite Wilson is gorgeous!

I got back yesterday from a trip out to Humboldt County, Arcata more specifically. My sister will be attending Humboldt State in the fall, so I took her out to her orientation. I lived out there in my camper last summer, so I got to visit some friends as well as spend some time with my sister and hear about her programme. The fact that Arcata is, on average, 20°C cooler out there than here in Paradise (is that sacrilege? should it be the Town of paradise?) didn't hurt either.

So, you might have some stereotypes in your head about ol' Humboldt County. I can assure that not all of these stereotypes are reality. However, most of them are, so I had a great time out there. Many additions to the 'good times' list. I learned to juggle, swam in the ocean, spent a night on the beach, went to a Humboldt Circus house party, watched the Marching Lumberjacks, divvied up some crackheads' belongings, took a random road-tripper to College Cove, and played a bungload of frisbee.

In other news, I'll be back in Marin on the 1st. If you or your parents have any work for me, let me know. I am thinking mostly minor construction, landscaping, maintenance and whatnot, but I'd do anything for some money right now. Think smack addicts, except instead of the dragon I ride trains, buses and planes. Yeah, I'd suck dick for airfare.

Speaking of airfare, I can't figure out the best way to get a cheap flight to Sweden. Hell, I could actually fly into anywhere in Europe and just make my way to Stockholm. My dates are super flexible too. Anyone with suggestions should definitely let me know.


About Me


  • I'm Tristan.

    These days you can find me in Coyle, Washington, United States.

    But probably not for long.

More?

Archives


Links


  • skype