« Home | Cheese it, it's the fuzz! » | Clean Air Act? Anyone? Anyone? » | Prolific Noter » | Terry Tate: Office Linebacker » | The good, the bad and the visually pleasing » | A simple plea » | 64,000 more words » | The Creature from the Deep! » | San Isidro » | Fiesta! » 

20 June 2007 

You should live

I just went on facebook and looked at the little pictures and names of the people in my high school graduating class. I haven't thought about a lot of those people for years and years, to be honest. It was really weird, because it made me feel like we're all so adult. Where does the time go? I'm not getting glum about it; I've certainly made the most of my adult life thus far. It's just crazy to think about where we've all gone, where we are, where we will end up...

I gave a tour of the Forest Sciences Centre today to a man who graduated from the Faculty of Forestry here at UBC in 1953. He's gone on to do many things in this province; we even have an undergraduate lounge named in his honour. But to see him standing there looking at his grad portrait, naming off the friends who've died, a little blurb on what each man had done with himself... It put things in perspective.

Live, would you?

Amen...:)

I've often thought about this myself. You wake up one day and realize "crap, where has time taken me?" Hmmm... I hope that one day I ask myself that question and realize that time has taken me to the most perfect intersection at the most perfect moment. Maybe you'll be there too. x

Post a Comment